FVM is looking for a passionate Graphic Designer who’s driven by strategic thinking — someone who not only produces compelling work, but who is also motivated to deeply understand our clients’ businesses and approach challenging projects with genuine curiosity.
Show us a portfolio that provides context for your work and demonstrates your knowledge, talent and craft across a variety of media and project types. We’re looking for a designer comfortable with: logos and visual identity; web, interactive and digital products; advertising, print media, banner ads, emails, landing pages, event signage and other typical marketing tactics. Design for design’s sake doesn’t impress us much – we want to know what your projects’ objectives were and how you achieved them. We’re just as interested in the thinking you contributed to the work as we are in the work itself. Show us what and tell us why.
We assume you know your way around Adobe software. You should have solid written and verbal communication skills; be comfortable giving and receiving critical feedback, presenting and making a case for your work; collaborate well with other designers, developers, writers, strategists, account managers, etc.; and take ownership of projects and mentor junior team members.
- A polished aesthetic, ability to work in varied styles, and total command of design fundamentals – form, color, type, composition
- Engaging interactive design ability that demonstrates a deep knowledge of:
- mobile-first responsive design and progressive enhancement methods
- the capabilities and restraints of devices, browsers, coding languages and web technology
- contemporary web design methods including architecture, wireframes, user flows, rapid prototyping, atomic design
- user-centered design principles
- common front-end frameworks, WordPress
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Print design, including advertising, editorial, brochures, outdoor, etc.
- Branding and visual identity, including logo development, design systems, guidelines, etc.
- Data visualization and infographics
- 1-5 years experience in an agency or in-house creative setting
Bonus points awarded for:
- Video production, editing, motion graphics, animation and audio editing
- HTML banner ad production
- HTML email coding (we won’t make you support LotusNotes)
- Presentation design for PowerPoint and Sway
- Photo-illustration and retouching
- B2B experience
Email your application, including cover letter, resume, and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a full-service B2B agency, located in Plymouth Meeting, PA, that for 30 years has been dedicated to growing our client relationships into intimate partnerships. Our small, industry-agnostic team allows us to stay nimble and build knowledge well beyond the traditional marketing silos. Every project is a new chance for us to learn, and to collaborate with smart, talented, good people. That’s what drives us every day. We ask tough questions, check our egos, eat soft pretzels, do good work, and have fun in the process.