WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Archer is currently seeking an Art Director to lead visual design initiatives for our various clients. Archer’s creative team develops interactive experiences across multiple channels and touch points, with the goal of communicating clear brand messages that drive engagement and action. The ideal candidate is someone with broad experience working on large-scale engagements for content properties, commerce sites and marketing campaigns across web, mobile and tablet.
Archer Art Directors report to the Creative Director and work alongside the Client Services, User Experience, Strategy and Technology Teams. They are responsible for developing creative concepts and approaches with the project team, developing original design concepts as well as overseeing project design all the way through execution. They are also responsible for presenting work to client stakeholders and representing Archer’s visual design process and exceptional execution at all stages of an engagement. Art Directors are also responsible for providing art direction and leadership to designers working on their project teams, scoping design phases of projects accurately and efficiently as well as attend pitches and industry events as required.
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered. Archer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
- Develop creative concepts and directions from creative briefs
- Plan layouts within the wireframe phase of a project
- Translate wireframes to artfully crafted visual designs
- Ensure exceptional design execution
- Mentor and train junior design team members
- Delegate day-to-day responsibilities to other designers
- Present clear ideas and concepts to clients and other team members
- Be both hands-on and provide clear direction for others
- 5+ years of hands on experience creating exceptional digital brand experiences
- 2+ years of experience at an agency in an Art Director role or similar
- Direct client interaction experience with the ability to build relationships, understand client direction and present designs and concepts
- Experience working collaboratively with user experience, designers and copywriters to build great user and brand experiences
- Highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design
- Understanding of UX IA and wireframe skills
- Strong communication skills working with the client and design team
- A person that will help foster the great creative culture and talent
- Strong desire to define the look and feel of what is next in visual and interaction design
- Strong interest in and following of latest design trends, technology and social media
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation
- Solid knowledge of the latest version of programs, Photoshop, Illustrator