Bluecadet is looking for a Creative Director to lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary team in the design and production of exceptional digital experiences. The Creative Director ensures the quality of the creative concepts and the work produced, in addition to serving as a strategic partner to our clients. As a Creative Director for Bluecadet, you should be adept at designing complex, original, UI systems and experiences–from dynamic touchscreen interfaces, to rich-media campaign websites, to cutting edge mobile applications. You are a designer at heart who has created award-winning digital experiences and likes to get your hands dirty. This position is located in Philadelphia.
- Proactively and respectfully lead, mentor and motivate junior and senior designers, art and design directors.
- Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration and creative-problem solving. Ensure our internal processes, training, and knowledge-sharing reinforce this perspective.
- Direct design of interactive digital experiences for high-profile museum and cultural institutions.
- Incorporate sound strategy & visitor insights into designs.
- Serve as strategic partner to clients.
- Play key role as needed in presentations to both existing and potential clients.
- Embrace accountability for the quality of all creative deliverables.
- Seek to raise our industry profile through public speaking, judging, blogging, etc.; represent Bluecadet as a thought leader within our industry.
- Work with creative leaders to develop growth plans for design staff.
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of experience designing award-winning interactive digital media.
- Adept at visualizing concepts across a wide range of mediums.
- Strong leader with the ability to manage multiple clients and projects.
- Working knowledge of digital technologies and how they can be used to support superior user-centered experiences.
- Skilled at clearly presenting design approaches to the team and client.
- Ego-free leadership style proven to motivate.
- Adept at mentoring others in developing, communicating, and selling industry-leading concepts to clients.
- Exceptional ability to understand, communicate, and develop creative solutions that address specific client goals.
- Solid understanding of and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and business objectives.
Bluecadet offers competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) participation, paid time off, company holidays, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing and fun environment. We have a gorgeous office, a relaxed dress code, and flexible hours.
Please submit a portfolio, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Creative Director”.